Heart Chat Bubble Dipped in Chocolate: Helsinki Travel Diary - Part 2 - Hellocon

Freitag, 14. Februar 2014

Helsinki Travel Diary - Part 2 - Hellocon

So I'm still waiting for the official pictures; apparently the photographers have a lot of retouching work to do ^^; so I thought I show you a bit what happened at Hellocon and show my outfit and stuff in an extra post :)

Hellocon happened on our first day in Helsinki. It started at 10 o'clock in the morning and went until the closing ceremony at half past 5 in the evening. It was my first Lolita Convention and I enjoyed it very much! The dress code wasn't strictly Lolita though so there were also just admirer of Lolita fashion and people in other kawaii clothes.

This was the program outline:

10:00 Doors open

10:30 - 10:45 Opening Ceremony
12:00 - 12:30 Brand vs. Off-brand
13:00 - 13:45 Designers fashion show
14:00 - 14:45 Yuko Ashizawa Q&A
15:00 - 15:30 Fairyforest -fashion show
16:00 - 16:45 Designer Panel Discussion
17:00 - 17:20 Dancing Dolls
17:30 Closing Ceremony

18:00 Doors close


The also offered workshops but I didn't visit any.
I missed the opening ceremony because I was shopping at the flea market but I watched pretty much all of the other program points.

In the brand vs off-brand fashion show they had five categories for which always two girls put together an outfit. One outfit completely in brand and one completely in off-brand. The audience could cheer for their favourite ^-^


My personal highlight was the pirate outfit in the very left corner of my picture. It was the first time that I saw a Lolita with dreadlocks and I never imagined it to work so well :O

Next up was the Designers fashion show in which all the indie designers and the star guests Atelier Pierrot showed their designs. 



Dani (aka Duplica ^__~ ) modeled for Lady Sloth!


And the second star guest Midori was on the stage too :3


It was a bit hard catching pictures of the models as they moved so fast but there is a video of the show on youtube! To be honest I let it play in the background sometimes because I like the soundtracks so much ^^''



I don't have pictures of the Q&A as I was listening to it while doing some shopping. At first they asked Yuko some prepared questions and then the audience had a chance to pose there own questions. There also was a Q&A with Midori if I remember right that somehow doesn't show up in the program outline ^^

Anyway, of all the program points the Fairy Forest Fashion Show impressed me most.
It wasn't just a normal fashion show but had a story to it. 




^I liked this outfit especially 






The beautiful swan impressed the audience with her ballet skills  



I highly recommend to watch the video!



Of course I also bought some stuff at Hellocon:


Angelic Pretty skirt and Swimmer bag from the flea market 


I also bought a lot of jewelry from Moon Bunny 


I don't know why the bunny looks so green it's actually a nice yellow xD


The bracelet is from Moon Bunny but the pin is designed by Midori, it says 'Midori's Tea Party'! :)

All in all it was a really nice event and the Finish Lolitas are also very nice and cute. I hope I can go to Hellocon again some day :)


So I hope you enjoyed this picture heavy report and stay tuned for the next post! 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen