For the Lolita silhoutte a petticoat is vital. Your skirt or dress should be knee lenght. You shouldn't show bare legs or your shoulders.
Lolita can be a quite complex style for beginners and you should do some research before buying your fisrt clothes.
Please also keep in mind that besides the name the fashion has nothing in common with the book "Lolita" and the style is not meant to be anything sexuall.
If you want to know more about the fashion check out these links to diffrenet websites:
- http://egl.livejournal.com/ The biggest english speaking Lolita community.
- http://www.lolitafashion.org/ The site seems to be inactive but the have some great basic information on it
- http://dunkelsuess.de/site/ The german speaking Lolita community
- http://hellolace.net/b a site full of information
- http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.co.at/ a huge Lolita blog with lots of info on it
- http://www.parfaitdoll.com/ another great blog
Where to buy Lolita clothes:
- metamorphose temps de fille
These are only a few of Lolita shops which you can trust. Please always search for reviews online before buying from a shop.
Have fun discovering the beautiful world of this fashion! ♥